Trash and Recycling
- Our provider for 2018-2020 is Republic Services
- Trash and recycling is collected on Thursdays
- Yard waste pickup starts on April 19 and runs every other week on Fridays through December 13 (details on what is accepted are provided below)
- Commercial trash is not allowed
- Carts should be placed at the curb the night before and kept at least 3 feet away from any obstruction (see below)
- Trash and recycling bins will be provided for each household
- Christmas trees will be collected end of December/early January. Check the website and your email for specific dates.
- A bulk pickup is scheduled for Saturday, May 18
- Acceptable Items: Furniture, mattresses and box springs, chairs, ceiling fans, box fans, bicycles, treadmills, vacuum, grill, televisions and other electronics, etc.
- Non - Acceptable Items: Sheet rock, lumber, building materials, windows
- Preparation: Curbside the evening before, unassembled (if possible), 75lb weight limit per item
- No trash or recycling is collected on the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Unless the holiday falls on a weekend, service is typically pushed back one day.
If your trash day slides due to a holiday, so does your yard waste day.
- Must be in the brown commercially sold yard waste bags acceptable to Carroll County Landfill
- Loose limbs can be tied in bundles no more than 3 feet long and can be easily and safely handled by one person
- Not to exceed 40 pounds per bag or bundle
- No limbs over 2" in diameter
- No plastic bags will be taken
- Please knock any dirt from root balls
- No rocks, dirt, blocks, bricks, or landscaping timbers
Any questions or concerns about trash, recycling or yard waste pick-up may be directed to email@example.com