Trash and Recycling- Information and Guidelines
BULK PICKUP AUGUST 8th
3/26/2020 NOTICE: Republic Services is ONLY emptying curbside Trash bins at this time. NO bagged trash will be removed. This is to ensure the safety of Republic trash removal employees. See complete notice below.
|File Size:||273 kb|
- Our provider for 2018-2020 is Republic Services
- Trash and recycling is collected on Thursdays
- Yard waste pickup starts on April 3rd and runs every other week on THURSDAYS through December 4th (details on what is accepted are provided below)
- Commercial trash is not allowed
- Carts should be placed at the curb the night before and kept at least 3 feet away from any obstruction (see below)
- Trash and recycling bins will be provided for each household
- A bulk pickup is scheduled for August 8th and November 7th
- Acceptable Items: Furniture, mattresses and box springs, chairs, ceiling fans, box fans, bicycles, treadmills, vacuum, grill, televisions and other electronics, etc.
- Non - Acceptable Items: Sheet rock, lumber, building materials, windows
- Preparation: Curbside the evening before, unassembled (if possible), 75lb weight limit per item
- No trash or recycling is collected on the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Unless the holiday falls on a weekend, service is typically pushed back one day.
If your trash day slides due to a holiday, so does your yard waste day.
- Must be in the brown commercially sold yard waste bags acceptable to Carroll County Landfill
- Loose limbs can be tied in bundles no more than 3 feet long and can be easily and safely handled by one person
- Not to exceed 40 pounds per bag or bundle
- No limbs over 2" in diameter
- No plastic bags will be taken
- Please knock any dirt from root balls
- No rocks, dirt, blocks, bricks, or landscaping timbers
Any questions or concerns about trash, recycling or yard waste pick-up may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org